Prof. Damodar Acharya, Director of IIT KGP shall be visiting the San Francisco Bay Area for the first time since he took office a liitle over a year ago. During his stay we have planned a number of events to meet his visit objectives:
- Friday Sept 5th, UCB/IIT KGP Collaboration Meeting : A Meeting with UC Berkeley administration and faculty to define and strengthen research initiative built on collaboration between both schools.
- Saturday Sept 6th, IIT KGP Alumni Bay Area Picnic : As the Chief Guest the Director shall witness first hand that the IITKGP tempo is alive and well half way around the globe.
- Sunday Sept 7th, A Talk by IIT KGP Director - “IIT… Phase 3.0 ….Indias leading R&D destination” : The talk shall include the current status, future directions, critical issue and solutions that include alumni participation.
- Monday Sept 8th, Faculty Job Fair and Interviews : The Director shall conduct interviews in the hope of attracting qualified candidates to teach at IIT KGP, India’s leading engineering school. The Director shall then participate in an IIT Foundation Workshop.
We need your support in 3 areas :
- Register to attend the picnic with family and friends , and make this the most attended picnic to date. Register at www.iitkgpsv.org.
- Plan to attend the talk by Prof. Acharya - “IIT… Phase 3.0 ….Establishing IIT as Indias leading R&D destination”. When : Sunday Sept 7th; Where : 2903 Bunker Hill Lane Suite 108, Santa Clara, CA - 95054; Costs : Free; 5.00-5.30 PM : Registration and Networking over Tea and light Snacks; 5.30- 6.30 PM : “IIT Phase 3.0 … IIT KGP Indias leading R&D destination”; 6.30- 7.00 PM : Q& A and close;
- Spread the word about the Faculty Hiring Open House; When : Monday Sept 8th, 10.00 AM - 4.00PM; Where : Digité, Inc. 82 Pioneer Way, Suite # 102, Mountain View CA 94041;
As always the success of any event is a function of your participation and we look forward to your continued support.
Roy daSilva , President IIT Foundation.
Joy Bhattacharya , President, IIT Foundation Bay Area Chapter www.iitkgpsv.org.
Our 11th annual picnic is scheduled for Saturday, September 20, 2008 (rain or shine). Please join us. Bring your significant other and family, and reconnect with friends. Lounge, bhaat, play and enjoy. Help grow the newly formed NY/NJ alum chapter http://iitkgpny.community.officelive.com/
- What: Annual IIT KGP NY/NJ Alum Summer Picnic.
- Where: Duke Island Park Pavilion, Old York Road, Bridgewater, NJ.
- When: Saturday, Sept 20, 2008, 11:00 am - 4:00 PM.
- Park Contact: 908-722-7779, http://www.somersetcountparks.org.
- Cost: $20/adult (16yrs and above), $5 (6-15 yrs); Cost goes up after Sept 6.
Catered Indian lunch will be served at 12:30pm. Please bring along lawn chairs and/or rugs to make yourselves comfortable. If you have any games or sports equipment (e.g., soccer, volleyball, cricket, cards, baddy), please bring along. If you would like to help with the event, please reach out to us. To avail the early bird rate, register by September 6. After that the event fees go to $25 and $8 respectively. To register and pay by credit card, please click on paypal links on the chapter’s website.
If you prefer to send a check, please send to:
Ajit K. Agrawal , 315 West End Avenue, #8B, New York, NY 10023.
KGP ka tempo HIGH hai! See you on Sept 20.
Subhodev Das .
You are cordially invited to the Annual General meeting of Kolkata Chapter combined with the PAN-IIT Outreach Programme. Dy. Director of Kharagpur, Prof Madhusudan Chakrabarty is the Chief Guest to the event. Evening attraction includes performance by the IIT Band.
- What: AGM Dinner .
- Where: Sports Complex Calcutta Club.
- When: Saturday , August 30, 2008, 6 pm.
Please register and collect your coupons from:
Hon. Secretary - Alakananda Rao - +91-98300-58313.
Treasurer : Susmita De - +91-98301-25122
ALL are welcome. Please contact the above persons for additional information.
NOTE : For updated news of Kolkata Chapter activities, please join the Yahoo groups at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Cal-TAA .
The Director and Deputy Director of the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur will be visiting the major cities in the USA between September 5-18, 2008 to recruit faculty members. Faculty members are sought in all departments/centres/schools of IIT Kharagpur and at all Professor ranks (Assistant, Associate and Full). Joint appointments in two different units are also possible.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a world-renowned institution that has consistently been ranked the Number One engineering institution in India. These positions come with significant research start-up packages, international travel grants, residential accommodation and other perks. Salaries are under consideration of the Sixth Central Pay Commission for major upward revision.
Those wishing to explore this opportunity further should contact Prof. Madhusudan Chakraborty , Deputy Director, by email. The dates and venues for the visit of the Director and Deputy Director in the various cities are posted below.
To apply for a faculty position, the forms can be downloaded from www.iitkgp.ac.in and submitted to the Assistant Registrar by email.
The Director and Deputy Director are planning to meet with prospective candidates on the following dates/places:
- Monday September 8 - San Francisco Bay Area.
- Saturday September 13 - Atlanta.
- Tuesday September 16 - Boston.
- Wednesday September 17 - Washington DC.
- Thursday September 18 - Chicago.
Bright California sunshine, loads of games, lots of food and the Sunnyvale Baylands Park: A perfect setting to meet and greet with your old friends and create new ones. We will have loads of fun kid games, bouncies, and possibly a magic show for kids.
This year we will have our Director, Professor Damodar Acharya, and our Deputy Director, Professor Madhusudan Chakraborty, joining us for the event from KGP. This would be a unique opportunity to meet and talk to them personally
Register early and help us plan the best picnic ever.
- What: San Francisco Bay area alumni picnic.
- Where: Sunnyvale Baylands Park 999 E. Caribbean Dr., Sunnyvale, CA 94089.
- When: Saturday, September 6, 2008. From 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
Please register early and keep the KGP spirit alive in the Bay Area. For event registration and details, visit us at www.iitkgpsv.org.
President, IIT Foundation Bay Area Chapter www.iitkgpsv.org.
PS: PANIIT Picnic is planned for September 13. For more information and registration detail, please visit http://www.iitbayarea.org/picnic2008