I am writing to you as Chairman of Vision 2020 Fund raising program to inform you that your timely donations to IIT Kharagpur are key to a) making the Diamond Jubilee a resounding success, and b) making the IIT Kharagpur alumni movement the envy of all other Indian universities.
During the Golden Jubilee of the institute, a few alums did a major part of the “giving back” because, we were not organized to communicate with the majority of alums. Since then, the internet has become pervasive, social networks have exploded, and as a result it is far more convenient for us to connect with many more alums.
President Obama’s effective use of such channels has proven the power of grass root contributions, and we would like to make a similar campaign work for us. here is whht we can achieve. If every KGP-ian donates just 1% of their household income, and also gets companies to match their donations, I am sure we we can raise at least $20 million in the next 12 months.
So here is what I would suggest:
- I would like each and every alum on this distribution list to make a contribution at a level at which they are comfortable today.
- Spread the word about IIT Kharagpur’s Diamond Jubilee that takes place on August 18th 2011 at Kharagpur, to those alums who are not registered on our website, and ask them to register at: http://www.iitfoundation.org/register
Donation is painless and easy at: http://www.iitfoundation.org/donate
You can read about all the various Fund categories at: http://www.iitfoundation.org/donate/categories.php
However, please give special consideration to two new funds:
- The “Diamond Jubilee Fund” to restore the old IIT structures including the Historic Old Building
- The “Institution Development (ID) Program”.
- Make your donation by December 31 2010 to maximize the tax benefit from your contribution to a 501(c) organization such as IIT Foundation.
- If your company has a ‘Donor Matching Program’, provide them details about IIT Foundation ( U.S. Federal tax ID: 47-0747227) and ask them to match your contribution by mailing a check to:
Attn : Treasurer
6301 Owensmouth Ave, Suite 750
Woodland Hills CA 91367
With every KGP-ian donating to an institute that changed our lives forever, I am confident that the fund raising goals for the Diamond Jubilee can be exceeded.
I am counting on your active participation
Arjun Malhotra (1970 ECE RP)
Chairman, Vision 2020, IIT Foundation