The IIT system started over 55 years ago with the formation of the first IIT at Kharagpur in West Bengal . The initial goal was to educate students to become engineers and technical leaders and run its factories in the post independence era. Phase 1 saw the establishing of 5 IIT campuses dispersed around the country; Phase 2 saw the addition of two more campuses at Roorkee and Guwahati , and last year the government announced Phase 3 which will add 8 more campuses to cater to the increasing demand for the best engineers from the rapidly growing industries. Simultaneously our educators are preparing for the next great leap where IIT’s aspire to become India’s leading Research and Development Center aimed at fostering excellence and innovation. Professor Damodar Acharya Director of IIT Kharagpur shall give a talk and discuss IIT’s journey during Phase 3.0. A brief profile of Professor Damodar Acharya.
- What : “IIT Phase 3.0 . . . India’s leading R&D destination” a talk by Professor Damodar Acharya, Director IIT Kharagpur.
- Date: Sunday September 7th. 2008, ( 5.00PM -7.00PM).
- Venue : TiE Silicon Valley (Auditorium), 2903 Bunker Hill Lane Suite 108, Santa Clara, CA - 95054.
- Costs : Free (Contributions of $10.00 to cover facility rental and snacks appreciated).
- 5.00-5.30 PM : Regitration and Networking over Tea and Snacks.
- 5.30- 5.45 PM: IIT Today.
- 5.45- 6.00 PM: IIT Tomorrow…. Indias leading R&D destination.
- 6.00- 6.15 PM: The top issues in establishing IIT as Indias leading R&D destination (Faculty, Facilities, Industry Collaboration , student retention etc).
- 6.15- 6.30 PM : Solutions to the top issues and how Alums can participate.
- 6.30- 7.00 PM : Discussions and Wrap up.
As always the success of any event is a function of your participation and we look forward to your continued support.
Roy daSilva , President IIT Foundation.