New Board of Directors for 2004-2006Related Pages:
New Board of DirectorsAugust 16, 2004:
The Board of Directors of the IIT Foundation has approved the recommendations of the Nominating and Selection Committee. Accordingly, I am pleased to announce the new team of Officers and the Board of Directors of the IIT Foundation for the August 2004--July 2006 term:
- Shail Kumar, previously Vice President and President-elect, has been confirmed as the President
- Shailu Verma, previously co-President of the Chicago Chapter, will be the Treasurer
- Joe Srestha, previously member of Houston Leadership Team and Vision 2020 Team, will be the Secretary.
The Board of Directors has approved postponing the appointment of the Vice-President/President-elect for one year. This will give the Nominating and Selection Committee and the Board the opportunity to evaluate the performance of the Executive Committee and Local Chapter Leadership before making this decision.
We are pleased to welcome the continuing Board members: Arjun Malhotra, Vinod Gupta, Suhas Patil, Purnendu Chatterjee, Parvati Dev, Arvind Jain, Shail Kumar, Rajeev Agarwal (Seattle), Partha Chatterjee (Houston), Dave Banerjee (Southern California), and Hiten Ghosh (Washington DC).
We appreciate the leadership and enthusiasm of outgoing Board members: Raj Khanna (San Francisco Bay Area Chapter), Ranjit Roy (Chicago), and Jagmohan Rajpal (Secretary).
Finally, we welcome several new members to the IIT Foundation Board, including the Deans of three engineering schools:
- Roy DaSilva (San Francisco Bay Area)
- Sunil Gaitonde (Chicago)
- Puran Dang (Boston)
- Shailu Verma (Treasurer)
- Joe Srestha (Secretary)
- Dr. Anjan Bose, Dean, Washington State University, Pullman
- Dr. Prith Banerjee, Dean, University of Illinois, Chicago and
- Dr. Pradeep Khosla, Dean, Carnegie Mellon University.