TO GIVE OR NOT TO GIVE, THAT IS THE QUESTION!!Related Pages:
- About The IIT Foundation
- IIT Foundation Approved Projects, 2004--2006
- Vision 2020: Give to IIT Kharagpur
- Donate to IIT Kharagpur
TO GIVE OR NOT TO GIVE, THAT IS THE QUESTION!!October 18 2004:
If Shakespeare were alive today, he would definitely be concerned about why so many KGP alumni are unwilling to give back. The heroes have shown the way: Arjun Malhotra (1970, ECE, RP), Purnendu Chatterjee (1968, ME, AZ), Suhas Patil (1965, ECE, RK), and Vinod Gupta (1967, AGE, RK) have been great role models. So what is it going to take for the rest of us to follow, get involved and put our money where our mouth is?
And why should we get involved?
- We would like to make KGP a world-class institution, like MIT maybe. What's the difference -- money -- to hire the best professors, have the best facilities, and attract the best students. Where did MIT get the money -- their alumni, of course!
- Once upon a time the Indian Government paid up and took care of
Not anymore! Now it'll have to be the alumni.
- We may have the best undergrad students. It will take money to attract the best grad students and doctoral candidates.
- We have a world-class Management School, an advanced VLSI lab,
the School of Telecommunications, and every room in every hall
wired for high speed Internet. It didn't just happen.
A FEW ALUMNI MADE IT HAPPEN!
As proud alums of the real "Best" Engineering School in India, let's show our pride by getting involved. The 2004 Campaign is underway. Our goal is to get 60% participation this year.
WE NEED TO GIVE BACK AND WE NEED TO DO IT NOW ... One at a time We can do it and we will!!!!!!
Can we count on you for a $100 contribution to IIT Kharagpur?
a) $5,200 (@ $100 per week),
b) $1,200 (@ $100 per month),
c) $400 (@ $100 per quarter),
d) $100 (@ $100 per year).
http://www.iitfoundation.org/donate and let's DO IT!
Joseph "Joe" Sreshta
Chairman, 2004 Annual Fundraising Campaign
Secretary, IIT Foundation
1972 NA AZ